Buteyko Meets Dr Mew: Buteyko Method For Teenagers…
Review by Breathing Remedies on Amazon.com
… Also Featuring Guidance from Orthodontist Dr Mew to Ensure Correct Facial Development and Straight Teeth.
Buteyko meets Dr Mew focuses on how the way that we breathe influences facial development and tooth alignment.
It is the latest in a series of books by Patrick McKeown, not only documenting and explaining the devastating effects that mouth breathing and chronic hyperventilation can have on our lives, but providing clear instructions to correct these bad breathing habits and overcome the associated health problems, such as asthma and anxiety.
The author generously includes a section (previously published as a stand-alone book) for children old enough to learn Buteyko breathing exercises, and a useful chapter for infants with tips to help stop them from ever getting into the mouth breathing habit.
The innovative comic book approach in the first section is designed to get through to teenagers who may not care much about their health, but are likely to be very concerned about their appearance and sports performance!
There is a well-illustrated section (quite shocking) on how facial development and tooth alignment can be adversely affected by mouth breathing, with input from Dr Mew, an orthodontist who does not believe in extractions to correct overcrowded teeth.
An important book to help spread the word about good breathing and good looks, and a reasonably priced way to better health!
- Extraction Retraction Regret Syndrome(E.R.R.S.) – The Preventable Syndrome..are you a sufferer…“I look like an old lady, and I’m crying myself to sleep at night…you have to help me.” These are the words of a desperate woman contacting us […]
- Powerful! Two dentists share their testimonials..Two dentists share their testimonials why they chose Face Focused orthodontic treatment for their own children. See our videos to learn more. […]
- Watch This Video Before You Choose Your Orthodontist.My daughter is doing functional treatment with Dr Tony O’Connor in Cork. For you childrens health, insist that there are no extractions. The […]
- paulAt 15 I had braces for 2 years with the extract and retract method. I now have an inverted top lip I have no side profile I have to over exaggerate to smile, I am now 58 years old and would love to […]
- Thank YouI feel very strongly that some dentists and orthodontists are still feeding people with ill informed advice and getting paid for it. If the mouth is overcrowded the advice still seems to be […]