Points of Interest presented by doctors and associated specialists.
Braces are probably one of the most dreaded words for a parent to hear when taking their child for a dental check-up. Orthodontics relate to many issues for young developing children including their self-image. For a parent, the concern for their child to develop a healthy smile is also confounded by the sometimes prohibitive cost of braces. However crooked teeth can indicate developmental problems for a child that influence their breathing, posture and sleep habits.
Audrey McCormick’s comprehensive report details their family’s traumatic and tragic experience as a result of Orthodontic mistreatment of their daughter, Krystal, at the hands of a series of Orthodontists and an Oral Surgeon. Nine years later her face is irreparably damaged, and it is unclear whether her current treatment will be able to improve her situation. Audrey is currently taking legal action against the Orthodontists involved – but is still in need of assistance.
The Telegraph 29th March 2010 by Michael Pilgrim.
John Mew, An 81-year-old dentist in the UK, has waged a 40-year campaign to prevent what he claims is unnecessary surgery to correct overbite on children.
Review by Breathing Remedies on Amazon.com
… Also Featuring Guidance from Orthodontist Dr Mew to Ensure Correct Facial Development and Straight Teeth.
Buteyko meets Dr Mew focuses on how the way that we breathe influences facial development and tooth alignment.
805 Living, August 2010, by Anthony Head
Achieving a bright smile is only one aspect of modern dentistry. From the Mind/Body/Soul section of American Lifestyle magazine 805.
- Extraction Retraction Regret Syndrome(E.R.R.S.) – The Preventable Syndrome..are you a sufferer…“I look like an old lady, and I’m crying myself to sleep at night…you have to help me.” These are the words of a desperate woman contacting us […]
- Powerful! Two dentists share their testimonials..Two dentists share their testimonials why they chose Face Focused orthodontic treatment for their own children. See our videos to learn more. […]
- Watch This Video Before You Choose Your Orthodontist.My daughter is doing functional treatment with Dr Tony O’Connor in Cork. For you childrens health, insist that there are no extractions. The […]
- paulAt 15 I had braces for 2 years with the extract and retract method. I now have an inverted top lip I have no side profile I have to over exaggerate to smile, I am now 58 years old and would love to […]
- Thank YouI feel very strongly that some dentists and orthodontists are still feeding people with ill informed advice and getting paid for it. If the mouth is overcrowded the advice still seems to be […]