Have Your Say
At 15 I had braces for 2 years with the extract and retract method. I now have an inverted top lip I have no side profile I have to over exaggerate to smile, I am now 58 years old and would love to to have it reversed but the idea of another 2 years and implants deters me. I would love to be able to smile with cofidence and feel I was robbed of that with this treatment This system is nothing but facial damage. I am living proof of this.
I feel very strongly that some dentists and orthodontists are still feeding people with ill informed advice and getting paid for it. If the mouth is overcrowded the advice still seems to be extraction which shows a lack of understanding for human biology where growth isn’t only in height but in the bone structure of every bone including the jaw and maxilla and mandible areas.
Actually any man or woman in the street doesnt need a degree to see the effects of tooth extraction.
It’s a rort that some members of the dental profession are charging people for making them look less attractive and this is detrimental especially to young people at the start of their lives in a competitive world who need to look the best that they can.
What do they say ? Selection for a job… how long does it take ?
According to some research people have made up their minds in the first 30 seconds of an interview. Even in litigation the less attractive employees are relegated to the back of the building out of public viewing.
More attractive people are employed not only in real estate and car dealerships but this infiltrates into even the legal profession so extracting teeth at an early age affects people’s lives on every level in every walk of life.
So what are the results of non teeth extraction?
I don’t know if Sarah has sent you a recent photo so here’s one for a 20 year update.
Who needed teeth extracting?? It would certainly have been a less attractive result if they had gone elsewhere.
Thank you for giving Michael and Sarah such lovely smiles.
It really has helped them in their careers and lives generally.
All the best
- Extraction Retraction Regret Syndrome(E.R.R.S.) – The Preventable Syndrome..are you a sufferer…“I look like an old lady, and I’m crying myself to sleep at night…you have to help me.” These are the words of a desperate woman contacting us […]
- Powerful! Two dentists share their testimonials..Two dentists share their testimonials why they chose Face Focused orthodontic treatment for their own children. See our videos to learn more. […]
- Watch This Video Before You Choose Your Orthodontist.My daughter is doing functional treatment with Dr Tony O’Connor in Cork. For you childrens health, insist that there are no extractions. The […]
- paulAt 15 I had braces for 2 years with the extract and retract method. I now have an inverted top lip I have no side profile I have to over exaggerate to smile, I am now 58 years old and would love to […]
- Thank YouI feel very strongly that some dentists and orthodontists are still feeding people with ill informed advice and getting paid for it. If the mouth is overcrowded the advice still seems to be […]